We are thrilled to announce the release of two significant updates to the Golem Network: Yagna v0.13.2 and Yagna v0.14.0! These updates bring important improvements, including enhanced network stability and a new payment driver.
Yagna v0.13.2: Prioritizing Network Stability
The most significant improvement in Yagna v0.13.2 is its enhanced network stability. This update addresses the challenges faced by users in establishing stable connections and the reported instances of service disruptions.
Enhancements Beyond Stability
While network stability is a top priority, the v.0.13.2 update isn't limited to just that. It includes key technical advancements such as CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) and WebSocket Message Proxy. These features play a crucial role in improving and expanding the capabilities of our JS SDK. They remove two major blockers to enable task execution from the browser: file transfers and ability to connect to remote
yagna daemon. This is another step to enable the platform to be used via web browser.
Yagna v0.14.0: Introducing a New Payment Driver
This payment driver streamlines transaction processing, enhances cost efficiency, and improves transaction throughput.
Key Benefits of the Redesigned Payment Driver:
- Simplified transaction processing: By limiting the payment driver to process one transaction at a time, we have achieved improved payments stability.
- Enhanced yagna
payment statuscommand with more thorough output for simplified troubleshooting.
- Reduced RPC node spamming, limiting both network usage and risk of being blocked by the RPC node itself.
- Improved transaction fees cost efficiency thanks to EIP 1559 Support.
- Transaction Batching & MultiTransfer: Less payment transactions, reduced fees and increased throughput when single or multiple providers are being used.
Other benefits of Yagna v0.14.0
- We have reduced the Providers’ chances of not being paid as we don’t need them to be continuously available in the network for Requestors to accept invoices.
- New testnet available, made possible by the inclusion of Holesky Network Support.
These enhancements collectively promote a more stable, cost-effective, and flexible payment system in the Golem Network.
Impact on Requestors and Providers:
Yagna v0.14.0 seamlessly integrates with both old (erc20) and new (erc20next) payment drivers to ensure backward compatibility. SDKs for Requestors will be updated once the new payment driver is adopted by around 50% of the Golem Network.
Important: Upgrade Instructions
To update to the latest Yagna versions, simply run in your terminal:
curl -sSf <https://join.golem.network/as-requestor> | bash
curl -sSf <https://join.golem.network/as-provider> | bash
Existing Users: Stop your running Yagna node, then execute the command.
New Users: Run the command to install and join the Golem Network effortlessly.
If you need any help, our documentation is just a click away at this link https://docs.golem.network/. And if you have any questions or run into any issues, we're always here to lend a hand. Just give us a shout on Discord and we'll do our best to assist you!
Join Us and Contribute to the Future
We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, empowering users to leverage the Golem Network's computational resources in a simple and efficient way. As an open-source project, your feedback is invaluable to us. We invite you to join our discussions on Discord and share with us your experiences using our platform. Your insights are essential to improve the Golem Network!