This is the Golem Newsletter for June that went out last week, published on our blog. To get exclusive access future newsletters and access them when they first come out sign up here.
Happy Summer! It’s hard to believe we’re already halfway through 2021. We’re very excited to share some updates from the past month with the community. One of our biggest highlights has been the ongoing transition to the Mainnet version of Golem, officially called Yagna. The move first began in March, and started the transition from Alpha into Beta development. Other updates now live include:
- Beta 2 release
- Improvements including: services API making the building of services oriented applications straightforward, new payment verification mechanism, major GSB improvements, and more.
- Golem’s patch for Beta 2, codenamed Airmail (0.7.1), contains improvements to Golem that didn’t make it into the timeline of the freeze that was set for the initial 0.7.0 release
- Golem Network Stats API documentation
To celebrate Beta 2, we also created a few exciting bounties to be paid in GLM, our native currency. This transition is a huge testament to the progress Golem has made.
Read on for more key highlights, and don’t forget to check out our *NEW* Community Contribution of the Month section below… you just might see your own projects highlighted there one day!
We wish the whole Golem community a happy and safe summer 2021!
The Golem Network Team
COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTION OF THE MONTH
We’re beyond excited to kick off the first ever Community Contribution of the Month aspect of our newsletter with Golem Fleet Battle Simulator! The Golem Fleet Battle Simulator, from community member UnfortuN8, is the first project to be featured in our Golem Rewards Program Spotlight! It creates an exciting gaming-use case for the Golem Network, and is integrated into Rock Paper Frigate using Golem to process the results of PvP spaceship fleet battles in the game!
Our community is constantly growing and we’re always so proud of the work our developers put in to create unstoppable, amazing creations.
Want to contribute to Golem Network? Here are several ways you can do so:
- Golem GLM Rewards Program: it is a program to empower community members in a borderless manner, in particular we’d love to see new community members building/maintaining cool things and winning the App Creation and Maintenance category.
- Give us your feedback on our proposal to add GLM as a collateral on AAAVE.You can show your support for our MakerDao proposal to add GLM as a collateral, by liking, commenting and sharing our proposal.
IN THE NEWS
- Cloud Outage Fallout: Should You Brace for Future Disruption?
- The internet paradigm shift is here: Are you prepared for Web 3.0?
- NFTs, The Creator Economy, and the Case for Hypertokenization
- Ether hits $500 billion market cap for the first time as the cryptocurrency's rally pushes on
- They see ETH rollin’: Why did Ether price reach $3.5K, and what’s next?
What We’re Watching:
- The Conference.NFT | Online - Driving value to the NFT marketplaces through curation, archiving and artist support.
- Platform. Sh’s Deploy Friday Podcast Ep 55: Golem Network
Food for Thought:
- Golem Beta II Release
- GLM Rewards Program May Update
- GLM Rewards Program - Application Creation and Maintenance
- Golem Mainnet Hackathon Highlights
Latest & Greatest on Github:
Get to know Team Golem!
Jan Betley, Senior Software Engineer
Jan is a Social Science graduate, with a focus on Game Theory and has worked for over 10 years as a backend developer, mostly for startups. At Golem he's a software developer in Apps & Cooperations. In his free time, Jan enjoys outdoor activities like biking and hiking, or playing contract bridge.
Fun fact: He's a big fan of Nature and rational thinking.
OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT
Have you checked out Golem Network’s Discord? Follow us here to keep the conversation going and find regular updates!
The Golem Network is always hiring! Interested?
Send us your resume and experience: email@example.com
SIGN UP FOR THIS NEWSLETTER
Was this newsletter forwarded to you or did you access it online? If so, please sign up for our newsletter list.